One happiness challenge? Chronic lateness. If you’re always running late, try these tips:
1. Time your commute. Late people often underestimate how much travel time they need.
2. Don’t try to squeeze in one last task before you leave. This is a common reason for tardiness.
3. Get organized in advance. Don’t wait until the last minute to pull together everything you need to bring with you.
Stanford Professor Kelly McGonigal says: “When you start saying things like: ‘I shouldn’t be stressed right now’ you’re amplifying the harmful aspects of your stress response. A mindset shift in these moments can be very helpful: Just accept the stress and allow it to be a signal that you care. “
Aggressively expressing anger doesn’t relieve anger but rather amplifies it. On the other hand, not expressing anger often allows it to disappear without leaving ugly traces.
- What’s the most helpful advice you’ve ever received?
- What can you do for hours without feeling bored?
- What were the last three books you read? What brought you to them?